A project by Fondazione Elpis
in collaboration with Galleria Continua
with the participation of Threes Productions
From Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June 2022, Una Boccata d’Arte is back: a contemporary art project, spread throughout Italy, by Fondazione Elpis in collaboration with Galleria Continua and with the participation of Threes Productions, that promotes a coming together of contemporary art with the country’s artistic and scenic heritage.
Throughout the summer, until 18th September, 20 of the most beautiful and evocative villages in Italy, one for every region, will be home to 20 art interventions realised by 20 artists of different genders, ages, cultures, places and artistic languages.
Una Boccata d’Arte started in 2020 in the middle of the pandemic: a unanimous and original project that’s akin to a unique cultural itinerary that each year invites the public to discover 20 new Italian villages, rich with centuries old traditions and natural beauty, far from the well-trodden tourist paths and art circuits. Thanks to their small size, these villages become the perfect place for an authentic and intimate contemporary art experience that is unique for the surprising dialogue that it generates between the surrounding area, the artworks, the local people and the visitors.
The third edition is different for the fact that a twenty-first artist will conceive a special project that connects all the villages.
The artists and villages
• Antonio Della Guardia in the village of Morgex (AO) - Aosta Valley
• Natália Trejbalová in the village of Neive (CN) - Piedmont
• Alice Ronchi in the village of Montemarcello, fraction of Ameglia (SP) - Liguria
• Alina Kleytman in the village of Cigognola (PV) - Lombardy
• Giulia Mangoni in the village of San Lorenzo Dorsino (TN) - Trentino-Alto Adige
• Lucia Cantò in the village of Malamocco, a hamlet of Venice (VE) - Veneto
• Riccardo Benassi in the village of Pesariis, a hamlet of Prato Carnico (UD) - Friuli-Venezia Giulia
• Diana Policarpo in the village of Montegridolfo (RN) - Emilia-Romagna
• Serhiy Horobets in the village of Sorano (GR) - Tuscany
• Luis López-Chávez in the village of Panicale (PG) - Umbria
• Eva Marisaldi in the village of San Costanzo (PU) - Marche
• Dessislava Madanska in the village of Fumone (FR) - Lazio
• Victor Fotso Nyie in the village of Rocca San Giovanni (CH) - Abruzzo
• Tommaso Spazzini Villa in the village of Castropignano (CB) - Molise
• Fabrizio Bellomo in the village of Albori, a hamlet of Vietri sul Mare (SA) - Campania
• Simone Bacco in the village of Spinazzola (BT) - Puglia
• Hanne Lippard in the village of Grottole (MT) - Basilicata
• Anna Zvyagintseva in the village of San Donato di Ninea (CS) - Calabria
• Isaac Chong Wai in the village of Castiglione di Sicilia (CT) - Sicily
• Ludovica Carbotta in the village of Aggius (SS) - Sardinia